Solutions Plus Services, Inc


Who do you provide services to?

Our agency provides services to children ages 13-years of age and older and to adults 18-years of age and older who have been diagnosed with a developmental disability (met eligibility requirements of the Welfare and Institutions Code, Title 17). Each program is subject to evaluation criteria involving the chronological age of the individual.

How can I receive services from your agency for my son or daughter?

To receive services from our agency you must contact the Regional Center in the catchment or geographical area where you reside. Our helpful support staff can assist you to locate the nearest regional center and provide you with contact information. Once you apply for services at the regional center you have the right to say which agency referred you and ask that the referring agency become your service provider (provided that the agency is vendored to provide services in the program requested).

What kind of services do you provide?

Our agency is currently vendored and has been provided with a vendor code to provide program services with local regional centers throughout Los Angeles and Orange County. We currently offer and have vendor codes for programs in Independent Living Skills, Supported Living Services, Adaptive Skills Training, Personal Assistance, and Parenting Support Services.

What do you mean by “vendorization?”

Vendorization is a process whereby the regional center verifies that an agency meets all the requirements and standards pursuant to Section 54320(a) of the California Code of Regulations, Title 17 prior to receiving a service code. As a vendor, we are mandated by California Code of Regulations, Title 17 to follow all rules and regulations when providing services to consumers.

Do you provide transportation services?

As a general rule no. We are not vendored with the regional center to provide transportation services per se. However, we provide mobility training utilizing public transportation services such as Access Services, Dial-A-Ride, Metro and other city or local municipality transportation services. We can, however, as part of a program design service, provide transportation using private vehicles for the purpose of transporting your son or daughter to medical appointments, court appearances, in the normal process of providing program services, or to access other community services.

I was informed by another person that your support staff is required by law to report suspected instances of child and adult abuse. Is this true?

Yes. Every employee of this agency is referred to as a “mandated reporter” and by law MUST report when in his or her professional capacity or within the scope of his or her duties has knowledge of or observes a suspected act of child abuse or neglect or has a reasonable suspicion to believe that a child has been a victim of child abuse or neglect as stated under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act. Reports of suspected abuse will be referred to the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) for investigation and determination of facts. Suspected incidences of adult abuse will be referred to Adult Protective Services (APS) for investigation and determination of facts.    

How can I get more information about the services you provide?

You can reach us by phone at our corporate office at (323) 564-6446 or you may visit us in person at one of our two convenient locations.

Where are you located?

Our corporate office in located in South Gate and we have a satellite office in Whittier. Please visit the location section of our agency website for contact information.

How long has your agency been providing services to the regional center?

We are a proud vendor to local regional centers and have been offering our services since April 2001.

How can I apply for employment with your agency?

We are always accepting applications for employment in the capacity of support staff. Applications are accepted Monday through Friday from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm during regular business hours. Occasionally a position in a professional capacity will open. Applicants for a professional position will still be required to fill out an application for employment and may also submit a professional resume. Please follow the same rules as stated above when applying.